remote for Nikon

Printable View

• 12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
    ChowChi-Ching
    remote for Nikon
    Is it better to get a Corded Remote or a Wireless one? I have a Nikon D70s and have found both for this camera but don't really know the benefits of one or the other. Does anyone know if the wireless has a good battery? Should I get both? All help would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • 12-06-2005, 02:42 PM
    JSPhoto
    Re: remote for Nikon
    The advantage of a wireless remote is that you have no risk of camera movement and you can mount the camera in an area you otherwise couldn't even with a cable.

JS
  • 12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
    mjs1973
    Do they both offer the same features? I thought about getting a wireless IR remote for my DRebel, but they wouldn't allow me to use the bulb setting. The corded shutter release I got, does. Also, there is a limited angle that you can use the IR remotes. The IR sensor for the Canons is on the front of the camera, so you have to be sure the remote can "see" the sensor which might put you in the picture. Just some things to think about.
  • 12-07-2005, 06:54 AM
    Speed
    The advantage of a wireless remote
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    The advantage of a wireless remote is that you have no risk of camera movement and you can mount the camera in an area you otherwise couldn't even with a cable.

JS

Also, there's no cable to trip over, pull your camera over, or get tangled up in.

Range of the wireless, and the angle you have to be at from the camera are a couple of things to consider as well.

But I think I'd opt for the wireless...
  • 12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
    another view
    Wired connections are going to be more reliable than wireless, although if you really learn the limits of the wireless you should be OK as long as you have it aimed correctly. I guess if you don't need the wireless than I'd stick with the one with the cable.