Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Raw pics

Unhappy Raw pics

Friend borrowed my Nikon D60 a couple of weeks ago and changed settings to Raw, he didn't change my settings back to fine. So been out today in the snow taking shots, downloaded and can't find my shots cos Nikon was still set to raw when i took the pics this morning pls help?

Re: Raw pics

Quote Originally Posted by Irene McGibbon
    Friend borrowed my Nikon D60 a couple of weeks ago and changed settings to Raw, he didn't change my settings back to fine. So been out today in the snow taking shots, downloaded and can't find my shots cos Nikon was still set to raw when i took the pics this morning pls help?
    Hello, Irene,

Your Nikon camera should have come with a CD that included Nikons photo editing software. The software will allow you to view, edit and convert your RAW files to tif or Jpeg.

Hope this helps.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

n8

I'm guessing the d60 does not allow straight up in camera conversion, but you probably could convert it to a smaller image in camera, which gives you a fine jpeg.

trigger happy geriatric.

Probably a very good reason for not lending your pride and joy to others.....

Probably the easiest way to view and convert the raw files is to download IRFANVIEW, http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm. You can then convert the whole directory to JPG in a batch. Best of all, it is free.

Phil

You can install the trail version of Nikon Capture which came with your camera, or down load a third party viewer program like Phil suggested, or down load a photo data base with some editing capabilities like I use, ThumbsPlus and they have a thirty day trail, link: http://www.cerious.com/ Note to view and to save as, RAW files you need to also down load the Digicam Plugin. It's a little less costly than the Nikon Capture software.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Then reset your camera!

Thread Information