Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.
    Letting you see the world the way I do. @lex's Avatar

A Question For Nikon D70 Owners!

Well i was wondering what to do when i just found out that some sort of Patch/thing is suppose to be downloaded on to my camera.
    My question is should i download this?
    The reason i am wondering is because i looked and found some people were having problems with their cameras after it was downloaded
    D300,D80,D70,D40
    18-70DX,70-200VR,105 VR,50 1.4,17-55 DX, nikon 1.4 tele extender,Ect.
    2x SB800,SB600!
    Thats all for now!

Re: A Question For Nikon D70 Owners!

Downloading a firmware update shouldn't be too hard, but be careful with it. I have heard of cases where the "upgrade" creates more problems than it solves, but this is true of a lot of things (think Windows Update).

I understand that the D70 firmware upgrade basically gives it the advantages of the D70s other than of course the larger LCD and remote release. It's on Nikon's website. This upgrade has been around since the D70s has been introduced, so any bugs should have been fixed by now but I don't recall hearing of any problems with this one specifically.

I've had no problems with the D70 updates...
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

Quote Originally Posted by @lex
    Well i was wondering what to do when i just found out that some sort of Patch/thing is suppose to be downloaded on to my camera.
    My question is should i download this?
    The reason i am wondering is because i looked and found some people were having problems with their cameras after it was downloaded
    Been using the firmware upgrade ever since it was announced. No problems.

It brings one major benefit. When you shoot RAW the number of shots available on your CF card indicated on the counter doubles because it does a more realistic estimate of the space used. I can now get about 150 RAW+JPG pictures on a 1GB card whereas before it was telling me something like 80.

Charles

Thread Information