Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question about buying lenses in Dubai

Hi all!
    I am going to Dubai next week and would like to buy some camera lenses there.
    I would like to know, if you have any idea of how much nikon 24-70 mm f2.8 and 70-200 mm 2.8 in dubai.. i am planning to buy there during the DSF, but i dont know whether its cheaper than here in switzerland.. i want to buy new as i want to take some good photographs in dubai and my current lens are already crappy... thanks for any information

Re: Question about buying lenses in Dubai

I don't know if this matters to you, but you might want to ensure that any camera stuff you buy in Dubai has a warranty that is also good in your home country - if this is important to you. HTH. Have a fun time in Dubai and share some of your images when you return.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thanks WesternGuy for your suggestion on insurance, although it really doesnt matter to me...I will also try to post photos here... I hope I will be able to find bargains there, though I really dont know how expensive they are in Dubai. Still looking forward to anybody who coulc give some ideas how much nikon 24-70 mm f2.8 and 70-200 mm 2.8 and where to find them... Thanks..

Just to clarify, insurance is something different than a warranty. Insurance is something you buy to recover the cost of any lost/stolen/broken equipment - I have all my equipment insured. A warranty is something the manufacturer gives you and is usually good for anywhere from one to five years depending on the manufacturer and the equipment and will allow you to have defective equipment replaced or repaired at no cost to you. Sometimes the seller will also offer an extended warranty - at your expense, of course.

Where I ran into this issue was when I looked at purchasing equipment in the US and bringing it back to Canada, only to find that the particular equipment I was interested in only had a warranty for the US which meant if anything happened, I would have to send it back to the US to be fixed. Canon Canada would not touch it under warranty, but they would for a cost!! HTH.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

P.S. Have you tried googling "dubai nikon" to see what comes up?

hi WesternGuy

Advice very much appreciated

Hi guys, you might want to post to http://www.nikongcc.com too. It just started but might give you some answer.

Thread Information