Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

problem with pictures

hi, i bought the canon rebel XT and whenever i take a picture theres always these greyish white blotches that show up on the pictures

as you can see where i circled, some of which you can see clearly the others you can see faintly. these blotches are on almost all my photos.

i have never took the lens off the camera before. i cleaned the front of the lens as well and still there were the blotches. on dark pictures you can see them clearly but on pictures with lots of things in the background its hard to see.

I bought this camera new and a couple of months later i started noticing these white blotches on my photos.

any ideas of which i can get rid of these blotches? or any ideas whats wrong with it?

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: problem with pictures

Looks like you've got some dust on your sensor and/or lens. Take the lens off the camera, and look at the glass near the mount to see if there is any dust on there. You'll need to purchase a blower brush to clean it off.

If there is still dust on your photos, then you'll need to clean your sensor. There is a few different threads on the site that explain different techniques on how to do that.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Dust on the sensor. Your manual will tell you how to put it in cleaning mode. Then take a blower (the Giottos Rocket blower is excellent) and blow it out while holding the camera so the opening is facing downward. Don't use canned air.

thanks i cleaned the sensor and its just like brand new

Thread Information