Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Picture Error

Picture Error

I have a Olympus FE 140 digital camera and a 1 Gb Fujifilm xD-Picture Card. When I tried to copy the pictures from my camera to my computer some files were corrupted, whereas others were not. 'Cannot determine type' is the error I get when I try to open these files on my computer. 'XD Picture Error' is the error I try to view these pictures on my camera, the others are still accessible though.

Is there still a possibility to save these pictures before formatting my xd card?

Re: Picture Error

If the camera can't read them, most likely you will not be able to save them. Do you use a card reader? If you use a card, you can run hard disk recovery utilities as the memory cards are FAT 16 or FAT 32 file systems. And there are some utilities designed to recover jpg files out there. Basically if part of the jpg file has been over written the file will not be recovered.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information