Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Post Photoshop Elements 4 - good book

Does anyone have any insight on a good book/reference for Photoshop Elements 4.0. The Manual that comes with the software is awful and the Help with the software doesn't. Any ideas that anyone would have are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WesternGuy

Re: Photoshop Elements 4 - good book

Anything by Scott Kelby. Look for "Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 for Digital Photographers". If PSE4 came out recently, the book might not be out yet. If this is the case, you'll find plenty of PSE3 books out there which should give you a good start.

Post Re: Photoshop Elements 4 - good book

Thanks another view. I shall be off to my local book store as soon as the snow stops.

Regards,

WesternGuy

Liz

I agree with Steve (anotherview). Scott Kelby is the best......and easy to understand.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by WesternGuy
    Thanks another view. I shall be off to my local book store as soon as the snow stops.

Regards,

WesternGuy

It depends on what you are looking for. If you are a new user and need to learn the basics of the program (tool definitions, layers, filters, etc.) I've always found the "... for Dummies" books helpful. Here's a link to their PSE4 book:
    http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...471774839.html
    If you already know the basics, Scott Kelby's books are very good. He gives step by step instructions on how to do some pretty useful (and cool) things. His books are easy to read and entertaining, too. Here's a link to his PSE4 book:
    http://shop.scottkelbybooks.com/inde...products_id=20
    Hope that helps!
    tony

The book I mentioned is a bit more of a recipe sort of book, and it really doesn't teach you the big picture of how everything works - so I agree with Tony's post. I can't say I'm an expert here but have learned quite a bit just by trying his exercises. If you really want to get technical, check out Martin Evening's books. Good bedtime reading...

Thanks to all. This will definitely give me some things to look at now that the snow has stopped and started to melt.

WesternGuy

Thread Information