Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

panasonic DMC-fz20 question

Hello im new to the forum and to the digital photography world
    We just recently purchased our 1st digital camara the panasonic
    DMC-fz20 We've used it a few times for indoor basketball shots
    with low lighting..1st atemp not to well alot of blur and orange hue
    messed with the settings and fixed one problem but not the other..

(no blur with the orange hue or clear with alot of blur)so we took it to a local camara shop(theo nly 1 in town and they arent familiar with the camara) but they was able to adjust it so the color was good but one shot alot of blur and another none or so blurry you cant see it..

My question is is anyone familiar with this camara and what would be the best setting for this for indoor baskeball..

Thanks in advance

Re: panasonic DMC-fz20 question

F2.8 - F3.7 / F11 is the Aperture range of the lens on the panasonic DMC-fz20, and at the Telephoto end it is an F3.7 which I consider a SLOW lens for indoor photography. The only other option is to boost your ISO as high as you can go, and deal with the noise with your post precessing. The camera spec say you can set the ISO to 1600. I would set the ISO from Auto to 1600, not the 3200 boost. Go test before the next game as you may have to use the 3200 ISO setting to stop the action. As far as the orange hue that the lighting and you will always have that problem with indoor gym shoots. You have to 1 stop the act and not under expose, and shoot in the camera RAW mode so you can adjust the white balance without loosing quality.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information