Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

I need help taking subjects wearing glasses

I went out the other day and tried shooting some pictures of my wife at the park. She wears glasses and in each shot I could see the the trees and grass in the reflection of her glasses. i tried having her moving her head around to change the angle and even tried some fill flash and nothing seemed to work. I have tried Google for some help but must not be wording it correctly to get the answer I need. If any of you could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. By the way I did try my polarising filter without any luck also. I'm sure it must be me not using the correct technique but I just have not seemed to hit upon the answer. Tips or links to videos would really help me out. Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: I need help taking subjects wearing glasses

Hey, Jeff,
    It's me again. I also need help see post next to yours.

Here's a "smart Alec" suggestion for your question.
    Get your wife a pair of frames without lens just for posing.

Well at least you got one reply.

God Bless US All!
    Plant a tree, help it grow. Children need something to climb.
    Critique any picture; any where; any time.

Quote Originally Posted by gotrocks View Post
    Hey, Jeff,
    It's me again. I also need help see post next to yours.

Here's a "smart Alec" suggestion for your question.
    Get your wife a pair of frames without lens just for posing.

Well at least you got one reply.

God Bless US All!
    Thanks for your reply and suggestion. The problem is that I have some family pictures that I have been ask to shoot and I think that some of the family members may be wearing glasses. I was out shooting photos of my wife to see ifI could work out an answer to the problem. I need to figure this out. Thanks again, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well I was going to suggest a polarizer. Did you turn it to it maximum effect? I think that and angles of light (natural and flash) are all you have to work with. If it's bright behind you that will probably create more reflections too so play with where you are facing too.

Quote Originally Posted by mattb View Post
    Well I was going to suggest a polarizer. Did you turn it to it maximum effect? I think that and angles of light (natural and flash) are all you have to work with. If it's bright behind you that will probably create more reflections too so play with where you are facing too.
    I have tried the popularizer and moving my subject without any luck. I know it has to be able to be done but I'm just not hitting the right combination. Jeff

Thread Information