Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Need original software for Canon A630

Hi guys! This is my first post and it is a request for info. I did do the requisite search and didn't find what I need. I bought a Canon A630 a couple of years ago and, due to family illness, didn't really use it. I just looked through the starting info and took a couple of shots to view on the screen to make sure it worked. Now I want to start using it so that I can display pictures on the Internet of my hobbies and projects, such as working on my vehicles.

My problem is that I cannot find the software disk that supposedly was included with the camera. I do have the manuals. I found places (not associated with Canon) to download updated software, but they apparently will only update software that was included with the original disk. I looked on the official Canon site, but they didn't even include the model A630. Anyone have any suggestions?

TIA,
    Brady

Re: Need original software for Canon A630

Here is some info that should get you what you want (assuming that you are looking for Zoombrowser). Get back if it doesn't work.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/dr...l-version.html

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/dr...version-2.html

TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

TF: Thanks for the reply. My documentation does not mention the name "Zoombrowser"; it just says "Be sure to install the driver soltware from the Canon Digital Camera Solution Disk before connecting the camera..."

I looked at the two references you listed and most of it was over my head. I did find where I could email Canon and got a reply that they "might" be able to send me a disk, so I sent the info they requested. I also read on their site that my Vista might already have the drivers to work with my camera, but it may not have full capabilities.

Thanks again,
    Brady

Hope it works out - if not, come on back. Actually, come on back anyway and show us some shots. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Thread Information