Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

need to find converter

hello very 1 I am new to the forum & need some help I am trying to find a converter for d60 Nikon so i can fit a Miranda lens onto it i have been looking around but a feel like am :mad2:

advise would be most welcome thanks :confused5:

Re: need to find converter

Do you mean a minolta lens? If so as far as I am aware they don't exist
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

It Is A Miranda 35-135 Mm Macro It Fits The Olympus Om10 Slr But I Would Like To Get A Converter So That It Fits The Nikon D60

I have been told that Japan may have a converter for it I just cant find it

NSSA/AIPS

email B&H photo or Adorama Photo in NYC. If they don't have any leads, they probably don't exist. Most "converters" are hit or miss as to whether or not they actually do what they advertise. Unless it's a really superb lens, it's probably easier to trade it in or sell it and buy one that will actually work on the D-60. In many cases the lens will be usable in manual modes, and may or may not meter properly.
    It's not about the camera....

thanks your proberly right I think my best bet is to just trade it in along with the Olympus OM10 :blush2:i am fed up looking:thumbsup:

I did a little web search. Finding such a converter would be virtually impossible and the conveted lens would probably not focus properly if you did find one.

Quote Originally Posted by gilly
    hello very 1 I am new to the forum & need some help I am trying to find a converter for d60 Nikon so i can fit a Miranda lens onto it i have been looking around but a feel like am :mad2:

advise would be most welcome thanks :confused5:
    There is a problem, the distance to the film plate from the mount is I believe is Nikon greater than the Olympus Om10. In any case if you can find an adapter it would be a completely manual lens without any in camera metering and most likely manual stop down also..

Lens adapter would best when the camera the lens is being adapted to has a much shorter mount to film plane distance.

Another point is the Olympus Om10 is a full frame camera and the D60 is smaller frame size and your field of view will be 1.5 x the focal length the lens is set at, so the equivalent afield of view would be 52.5 mm to 202.5 mm lens on a full frame camera.

The Miranda band of lens was not as good as the equivalent Olympus lens you most likely be able to purchase a used lens for the D60 (older AI) cheaper than an adapter. Another note unless the adapter has some optics in it the lens will not focus to infinity but it will focus closer.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information