Necessary accessories?

Printable View

• 10-29-2006, 07:13 AM
    Mama Moon
    Necessary accessories?
    Okay, so based on the advice I have been given here and other places (and due to my own eagerness :D ) I think I am just going to go ahead and buy a new camera and then figure out how to use it through trial & error. My main rationalization for spending $1000-ish on a new digital camera is I can do my own "professional" pics of my son--which cost me around $700 last year. I realize I'll still be spending cash on printing, but it won't be near as expensive, right?

My next question is, what are necessary accessories for doing portrait types of shots? I want to gradually collect lenses, flashes, etc. over time, but what will I need from the get-go? Anything beyound what the camera comes with? I am thinking I will get the Digital Rebel XTi or D80. I haven't been to stores yet to hold these two, but it seems like from what I've read that they are close to what I'm looking for.
  • 10-29-2006, 07:25 AM
    Mama Moon
    Re: Necessary accessories?
    OOPS I just found the digital area--this belongs there! I will cross post it there. SORRY!
  • 10-29-2006, 06:59 PM
    another view
    Re: Necessary accessories?
    Other thread is here - please reply in that thread - good discussion topic, btw!