Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: missing images

Unhappy missing images

ok i recently bought my daughter a centrios camera pretty cheap i know. anyway here is the problem i can take and upload video no probs at all. but when i try to upload any images that have been taken it tells me that there are no images in the camera . i can go to the preview in the camera and see them all. but it wont upload. can anyone help me? she really wants to use the camera and be able to upload her images and email them to friends and family.
    thanx
    angelluv

Re: missing images

Quote Originally Posted by angelluv
    ok i recently bought my daughter a centrios camera pretty cheap i know. anyway here is the problem i can take and upload video no probs at all. but when i try to upload any images that have been taken it tells me that there are no images in the camera . i can go to the preview in the camera and see them all. but it wont upload. can anyone help me? she really wants to use the camera and be able to upload her images and email them to friends and family.
    thanx
    angelluv
    Do you have one of these?
    http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Prod...roduct=2518122
    It looks like Radioshack Canada sells these cameras, maybe they could supply some support.

At the very least, Radio Shack should be able to tell you if there are any 'known issues' with the camera system.

I would suspect that, as the images are in the camera, but simply won't upload - that it is a software issue. I have run into this several times over the years, with several different digicams - usually right after Microsoft issues a batch of 'patches' for Windows (like they have recently with 'Service Pack 2', which is causing a LOT of problems).

My experience in these cases has varied. Sometimes, you can simply uninstall and reinstall the software package. Sometimes you have to get an 'update' from the software company. And sometimes, you have to uninstall the latest Windows patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    Do you have one of these?
    http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Prod...roduct=2518122
    It looks like Radioshack Canada sells these cameras, maybe they could supply some support.
    ahhh it is alot like the camera i bought but has no changeable plates with it. they have it in thier flyer this week on the back page with a free memory card if you buy it. it is the 2.0 one silver in color.
    angelluv

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmie
    At the very least, Radio Shack should be able to tell you if there are any 'known issues' with the camera system.

I would suspect that, as the images are in the camera, but simply won't upload - that it is a software issue. I have run into this several times over the years, with several different digicams - usually right after Microsoft issues a batch of 'patches' for Windows (like they have recently with 'Service Pack 2', which is causing a LOT of problems).

My experience in these cases has varied. Sometimes, you can simply uninstall and reinstall the software package. Sometimes you have to get an 'update' from the software company. And sometimes, you have to uninstall the latest Windows patch.
    thanks for your reply i dont think that i have the newest patch for windows installed i have heard too much bad about it. but i will uninstall the software and reinstall it again. very frustrating this is
    angelluv

Thread Information