Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Digital Rebel: Yeah or Neah?

What do you guys really think about the Canon Digital Rebel as a start off camera into the whole digital world?? I'm in a photography class in school and the school has supplied us with Olympus C-5050, but i would like to own one of my own and i consider myself somewhat of an intermediate photographer. I work at Cord Camera and i was playing around with one the other day at work and I really liked the focusing system and everything about it. I liked the light weight it has and the lens that i had on it was a 70-300mm and it had the 70-300 macro mode and all the goodies. I was just wondering if anyone in here has had one in the past or currently owns one and knows what this beautiful camera can really do because i couldn't take the camera out of the store so i can't test the camera as fully as i would like to, but just looking for some feedback. thanks a lot.

mjm
    that guy.
    i have it and it works well for me. did you have any specific questions about it?

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Lots of people here, including myself, own one and are extremely happy with it. Is there something specific you need to know?
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Liz

Cool Yeah!

is my vote. I have this camera and I love it. It has everything that I need as a serious amateur + I get excellent results......

Here's a link that includes all the specifications you might want to check out:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...#goto_itemInfo

Here is the link to the Rebel reviews from the review section here

http://www.pcphotoreview.com/Profess...4_3127crx.aspx

Liz

Two Thumbs Up!

Great Camera. Now you just need to choose your lenses wisely.

-Dave-

thanks

no i really dont have any real questions about it because im not ready to buy yet but i have played around with it and i love it. it is so nice for the type of photography that i am into right now. i would like to become professional but i would like to know if the rebel would be good enough to go pro? i would also like to know more about what kind of lenses i should buy or what ones i should even think about buying. Do any of you have any preferences on lenses or sizes of lenses? thanks again everyone..

i would like to become professional

Get the 10D then. If you want to go professional, the 10D has more features that you might be prone to use.

If you hadn't said that, I'd have gone for the Rebel. But if you want to do pro work eventually, well, do you want to be stuck paying for the cheapest digital SLR there is, just to want an upgrade in 3 months?
    A good craftsman never blames his tools.

A lot of pros are using the Rebels as backup. Image quality is awesome, as is the price. But realistically, ANY camera will let you make money as long as you're good with it. That should be the elast of your concerns.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information