Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.
    Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

MC Zenitar fisheye questions...

for my remote set-up, I need a small, wide lens, and I've been eyeballing the zenitar for a while, but need to know if it is wide enough for my needs. So I need some help from someone who has one and a 1.6x crop body. I am going to be mounting the cmaera in the back of a lacrosse goal, and shooting outwards, but I need to know what my field of view is going to look like. if someone could do me a huge favor and take a picture using two objects 6 feet away from each other, then the camera back about 6 feet from the two objects. Imagine the two objects are the pipes of a lacrosse goal. I would appreciate whatever anyone can do, because I'm trying to decide whether this will fit my needs or I need to drop the cash for the sigma 12-24mm. Thanks much!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: MC Zenitar fisheye questions...

It seems from a quick google that the crop factor removes the worst of the distortion.

http://bobatkins.com/photography/reviews/fisheye.html
    http://www.slrcamerainfo.com/article...r-fisheye-lens
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

yeah, which is why I am looking at this one, because it seems to be a good price for a wide angle fisheye. Since the 1.6 removes a lot of the distortion, because it's inexpensive, small and light (a must-have for mounting, especially backboard shots), and a full-frame fisheye on 35mm, is why it's very appealing to me. I'm just interested in knowing the field of view at about 6 feet.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Here ya go. This was shot with the Zenitar fisheye, and my DRebel. Forgive the image quality (I didn't bother to focus) and the messy garage. The work bench is about 6' 2" wide, and I was standing about 6' back from it when I took the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MC Zenitar fisheye questions...-bench.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

awesome! Thanks so much Mike!

Thread Information