Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Unhappy Macro Help Please ! =(

Well, I have a Sony DSCS500 Cyber-shot Digital Camera and yeah I wanted to ask you guys if you know how can I fix the focus on the zoom.. lol or I tihnk it's called Macro but yeah anyways I wana know how to make it zoom without having a blury picture if you know what I mean anyways yeah thanks in advance to whomever helps me

Re: Macro Help Please ! =(

Hi and welcome. This question is going to be impossible for anyone to answer who doens't have that exact model of camera. Do you have the manual for it?

I wonder if you might be confusing some terminology. Fixing focus to me means that you're in manual focus mode (if this camera has that) and it won't autofocus. The zoom lens changes focal lengths from wide to telephoto. There may be a macro setting in there somewhere which is usually shown as an icon of a flower on most cameras.

Thread Information