Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: lens

lens

Hi Everyone My Name Is Tommy And I Am New To This Forum. I Have Purchased A New Sony A100 An I Was Wondering If Any One Could Advise Me On Buying A 300mm Lens, Specifically I Like To Ask If I Should Buy The Sony 300mm Or Wait For The Ziess?

Also There Are Times When I Shoot Indoors That The Histogram Shows ( 2") Where It Usually Showes The Sutter Speed, Can Anyone Explain This?

Tommy

Re: lens

The 2" is your shutter speed, it's two seconds. The Sony 300 is supposed to be mediocre at best, the Zeiss will blow it away. The real issue here is budget, and experience. If you are able to spend the $1000+ price for the Zeiss, and know you are serious about photography, wait. If you got a smaller budget, and are just trying it out, or want something to get started right away, get the Sony.

While the Sony is said to be average, it's really all about how you process, your content, and you getting to know your gear, it's strengths, and weaknesses and how to deal with each.

There's a Sony/Minolta forum on here, we'd be happy to have you over there, and you'd get quicker, and better answers.

Welcome to PR.com.

Thread Information