Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Inks for printers

I'm thinking of getting an EPSON R800 and notice it can use Dye or Pigment inks.

The question is which do you use?

I also found this link for a continious ink system, is it worth it?

http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/index.ph...0Ink%20Systems

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Re: Inks for printers

I have an Epson R-2400 and two of the Epson C-80 series printers which I'm still using. These printers use Pigmented inks. I have been very happy with the output and the prints don't fade. I have two prints in the basement that I have to remat because the mat is faded but the print is just fine (2 years in the southern window). With the dye inks you will get a little better color ( fine shading) but not the same print life.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information