Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question Initializing Card

I have a Fuji FinePix E-510 digital camera. When I turn it on, a message on the screen says: Card not initialized. Can someone out there tell me how to initialize the card? This has happened before and it was simple to fix but I have forgotten how. Thanks...I'm glad to be in the company of so many experts.

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Re: Initializing Card

I wonder if they mean Format? I dont have a Fuji but I think thats what it ay mean. Look for the format option under the Menu. Do not format if you have not uploaded the photos to your computer. I clears the card. If Im wrong I hope someone jumps in to help!
    Welcome to the forum!!

Re: Initializing Card

Initialize - Format are in computer language the same.

But be careful as some cameras did not use DOS Fat16/32 formats. If you can use a card reader then it is a FAT16 or 32 formatted card.

If you have problems with the card being formatted in the card reader, go the the card or system menu and find the initialize memory card selection and execute the selection.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information