Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

HP M525 : How to deactivate lense-retraction

I have a new HP M525.

When you switch from photographing to viewing, after 5 seconds the lense retracts.

This is annoying because it wears the motor, wastes the battery and furthermore obliges you to wait for the lense to protube again before you can take the next photo.

Is there any solution to this? For example changing the 5 seconds to 60. There does not seem to be any setting accesible from the camera itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated. If you think this post would have better chances of being answered in another group, please let me know.

¡Saludos!

Re: HP M525 : How to deactivate lense-retraction

I don't think this is possible. I think my Coolpix lens retracts in playback mode - honestly haven't paid much attention to it. As far as battery usage goes, the LCD monitor and flash would probably at the top of the list, and the motor for retracting the lens a long ways down.

Thread Information