Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Unhappy HELP uploading digital files from camera

HI, I am new here, so I hope I am posting in the right place.

I have a canon power shot s300 digital elph. I have never had a problem uploading photos from the camera to the computer, but I am today. I just returned from a trip to Hawaii and all my photos are on a 128 MB sandisk compact flash card. When I connect to the computer everything seems to be going well untill the download begins. Nothing pops up on the screen. You can view the photos on the camera but nothing shows up on the computer. There is no error message just a blank film screen. I have tried to select anything and it just tells me to pick a photo. I am worried that I will lose all my vaction photos... Does anyone have any ideas on what this is or what to do? Is there anywhere I can take my disk to have the photos taken off even if it is corrupted?

Any advice would be great!!

XO Jayme

Changing the colour of your text would be great, this is really eye hurting.

Dosen't sound like corruption, sounds like a cable connection problem. Have you checked to make sure the cable is connection from the camera to the computer alright.

You can take the disk to a store they should be able to see the images from the disk. Is it an SD disk you have in the elph.

I think you might need a new cable. But I would also remove the disk and reseat it back in the camera and would do the same with the cable as well in the camera and the computer. I take it you usually just connect the camera up to the USB cable and then connect that to the computer. Do you need to do this with the computer turned off. Somethings are fussy. I am saying all this so it covers all bases.

Again, the colour of the text needs to be addressed sorry.

Hope this helps.

And welcome to the forums.

I was able to upload the photos from another disk fine, but this one isnt working. So I don't think the cable is the problem, but I will try what you said to do. Thank you!

I had something similar......

happen to me, I shoot with Nikon but it might be the same thing. My file transfer box stopped opening. So I went to "my computer" icon on the desktop (windows 98) clicked on that, looked for the drive that was my camera or card reader, mine was drive f, I double clicked that, saw a folder, opened that & all my photo's were there. I then copied them to another folder for storage.

Hope that might be some help, if not do you know someone with a Canon digi camera & get them to try on there personal confuser.
    Happy to Photograph
    Norman

Thread Information