Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question HELP ME PLEASE Praktica FX3 any one know ANYTHING?!?!

ok um was just give this camera to use...its a Praktica FX3 and i haven't a friggin clue about anything...so if anyone has a manuel or wants to explain that would be just GREAT! Seriously i have a HUGE photography project and don't know a damn thing about it!! HELP ME please...its an old school camera...please some one out there THANK YOU!

Re: HELP ME PLEASE Praktica FX3 any one know ANYTHING?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by bestkeptsecret
    haven't a friggin clue about anything
    Look, photography does have some absolutes to it, but it's mostly up to each photographer. I'm not talking about one particular camera or cameras in general, I'm talking about photography as a whole. None of us can teach you everything in, say, 100 words or less.

Go to the library and look for a beginning photography book. Because of the age of the camera, it would be best to find an older book.

Re: HELP ME PLEASE Praktica FX3 any one know ANYTHING?!?!

Not sure what information you want, but here's a couple of sites about the camera:

http://www.marriottworld.com/praktica/fx3.htm

http://www.praktica-collector.de/136_Praktica_FX3.htm

I bought one at a camera show simply because attached to it was a mint Macro Yashinon (which I still use, via an adapter, on my Contax SLR's), and the vender wouldn't sell the lens separately. I ran a test roll through the FX3 and found the shutter to be unreliable. Probably just needed a Clean, Lube, and Adjust, but it simply wasn't worth it to me to put the money into it (the mirror was also far from pristine). If you've got a sample in good working order, you should be able to take some great shots with it. I love a waist-level finder (an eye-level prism adapter was available for it, too, if I recall correctly) and enjoy an Exakta for that capability. Maybe you could tell us more about the project you need to do.
    Last edited by jrtrent; 07-20-2005 at 06:23 AM. Reason: syntax

Thread Information