Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Help with Lightroom, and pixlated images?

I am new to digital and Photoshop-like programs. I have been uploading my photos from my D80 via card reader and the when the photos are in Adobe Lightroom, they are pixlated. It is deffinatly not right, and should not be like that at all. I'm shooting in .jpeg, should I shoot RAW or something to get better quality?

More eagerness than skills.. rzozaya1969's Avatar

Re: Help with Lightroom, and pixlated images?

Quote Originally Posted by jcapphoto
    I am new to digital and Photoshop-like programs. I have been uploading my photos from my D80 via card reader and the when the photos are in Adobe Lightroom, they are pixlated. It is deffinatly not right, and should not be like that at all. I'm shooting in .jpeg, should I shoot RAW or something to get better quality?
    I'm sort of a newbie, but it might be several issues:

1. If it's too pixelated, it might be that you're trying to read the thumbprints or something. Usually, when you're reading it straight from a card there might be several folders and maybe you're reading from the thumbprints one rather than the good one.

2. Which resolution have you set the camera at? Anyway, even if you selected the lowest resolution you should see good pics, but anyway it's something to check.

3. Besides resolution, some camera lets you set the jpeg quality levels (Canon and Sony have this, HP has some configurations on resolutions and quality). Make sure you're using the best quality.

4. RAW are better quality than JPGs, so you might give it a try.
    "I can't change the world, but I can change my world"

Thread Information