Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question Help with EOS 300D

Hello forum!!!
    I am colin , live in North Wales , take alot of equine photo`s for pony club etc , the problem I have is , an over exposed band from top to bottom of photo in half circle shape , in any weather coditions , does not happen with close objects and most times I have to lighten or brighten the pic`s , I am a novice in general terms of photography but have a natural eye for a pic , so I have been told , any help would be gratefull !!!

Tel

Re: Help with EOS 300D

Wow... thats odd... Heres a couple things I'd try....

1. Try a different Lens (Dont have one? Try a Photo store. Some of em are pretty nice)
    2. Try blowing it out. The best thing to get, I dont know the name of, but its like a Rocket Blower, or something like that.
    3.Take it to a shop and ask them to look at it. Wouldn't be the worst idea to take along a printed pic showing what happens, as well.

Thats about all I can offer you. I have a Digital Rebel, so I know a bit about the camera, but this has never happened to me.

Canon Digital Rebel with Quantray 19-35 F3.5-4.5 basically Glued on. :P

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

can you post an example so we can see exactly what you mean? Tel's advice is good, but it would still help to see what's going on.

Sorry , enclosed some pic`s , could it be camera or lens ?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

hmmm, very odd. I have never seen anything like that. At first I thought you may be referring to lens flare, but from the look of the second photo, the sun is behind you. So that is out of the question. Doesn't look like a camera problem, and the curved nature of the overexposed area makes me believe it's something wrong with the lens. As tel said, try another lens on it, or if you don't have one, take it to a shop and see if you can replicate it with a different lens.

Quote Originally Posted by col64
    Sorry , enclosed some pic`s , could it be camera or lens ?
    Dollars to doughnuts it's the lens.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

thank you gentlepersons , have just tried an experiment , taken same picture ( out of my lounge ) with both 70-200 f4 l ultrasonic and standard 15-55 , guess what , the ring is there on all sets of pic`s , thank god I extended the warranty !!!

Colin.:mad2:

Thread Information