Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Help burning Movie's from a SD card onto a DVD

Hi,

Ive not long got a digital camera(Canon powershot S3 IS). I used it to make a movie which used up the whole 1GB SD Card. The movie will not fit onto a CD. I tried to copy the movie onto a DVD but it would not work. Iam using the Nero burning software. Does anyone have any ideas on how to copy the movies u take from your digital cameras onto DVD's so you can watch them using your computer as well as play them on a DVD player. Can you use your DVD player if they were copied onto a CD???
    Any help would be great.

Cheers Evie

Re: Help burning Movie's from a SD card onto a DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    Hi,

Ive not long got a digital camera(Canon powershot S3 IS). I used it to make a movie which used up the whole 1GB SD Card. The movie will not fit onto a CD. I tried to copy the movie onto a DVD but it would not work. Iam using the Nero burning software. Does anyone have any ideas on how to copy the movies u take from your digital cameras onto DVD's so you can watch them using your computer as well as play them on a DVD player. Can you use your DVD player if they were copied onto a CD???
    Any help would be great.

Cheers Evie
    I think you need to first download the file to your hard drive . Nero will work but you can also download Windows Movie Maker it's free from microsoft. Nero is very good and more user friendly. Make sure your computer can write to a DVD and not just read one. If you place a blank in the drive it should ask you which program you want to use. If not your drive may not be a read/write drive.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Insert something witty here.. yogestee's Avatar

Re: Help burning Movie's from a SD card onto a DVD

Evie,,,firstly you will have to convert your Video files into DVD files before you burn them to a DVD..I use a programme called Convertx to DVD,,find it here

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

before you can watch your Video on your home DVD player..

Works a treat..

Jurgen
    Falang dung nyai

Please don't edit my images without my permission.

Thread Information