Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

A Head's Up Please

I promise I've looked, but I haven't been able to find instructions on how to post pictures on the site (specifically the sports section). It's very possible I've overlooked it somehow, so if such a link exists could someone point me to it? If there is no such link, then I'd ask an even bigger favor and ask someone to tell me how to do it here.

Liz

Re: A Head's Up Please

Quote Originally Posted by titantonic
    I promise I've looked, but I haven't been able to find instructions on how to post pictures on the site (specifically the sports section). It's very possible I've overlooked it somehow, so if such a link exists could someone point me to it? If there is no such link, then I'd ask an even bigger favor and ask someone to tell me how to do it here.
    When you are posting on a thread or replying, scroll down further than the "submit" part, beyond "miscellaneous options" and click on "attach files" > click on upload photos. A dialogue box will appear - click on "browse" and find them in your computer, card reader, hard drive, CD, whatever. Then just click on the image > open then......click upload.....give it a little time.....close the window ....... and that's it. The size matters, no larger than 595 except in the Gallery. You won't see the image until you click into submit reply or preview post. You can post up to 4 images on one post. Hope this helps

Need any more help - just ask.

Liz

Thanks so much. Uh, does size matter?

Size does matter - most images on this site are usually sized with the long dimension at or near 600 pixels. Larger images take a long to download for some people and may be too big to see on screen, but this size is still easy to see.

Liz

Let us know if it works......it should, but sometimes it's easy to miss something the first try.

Liz

Thanks so much. Uh, does size matter?

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Yes, so my wife says ;)

File size must be under 190KB
    Dimensions must be no greater than 640 pixels
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Your instructions worked perfectly, Liz. I posted a pic in the sports forum. Now that I know how to post a pic, I've got to figure out a way to get some good ones.

Liz

Glad you did it.......I'm going to check it out. :thumbsup:

Liz

Your instructions worked perfectly, Liz. I posted a pic in the sports forum. Now that I know how to post a pic, I've got to figure out a way to get some good ones.

Thread Information