Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: HDR Software

HDR Software

I am running Photoshop Elements 7. Is there a plug-in program for HDR imaging that is compatable with Elements 7? Or, is HDR software basically "stand-alone"? Does anyone have any suggestions for a hobbyist like me? What HDR software do you use? The write-ups I have read mention an alignment tool (or lack of one). Is the alignment tool a "make or break" issue? Are there detailed instructions somewhere on how to do this manually in Elements 7? Please advise.

n8

Re: HDR Software

I don't know much about PE, so I won't try to advise you on that. I personally use photomatix, which is a standalone program that also offers plugins for lightroom and PSCS. The alignment tool is handy if say you're out and about sans tripod, but see something that would make a great hdr image, so you try to hold still while you get a burst of 3 bracketed shots, but we know they won't be perfect...so alignment to the rescue. I'm also a hobbyist, but I do like to have the good stuff on hand if I can.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Thread Information