Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Fuji GA645Zi bent part inside ??

Hi, I just noticed something when I looked inside it, there are 2 rectangular frames behing the lens, one nearest the lens appears to be for horrizonal framing of the neg. The one furthest frames vertically. My question involves the vertical / larger piece. The left side curves out because there are a couple of props pushing it neatly and evenly out. The right side has no props and sits on top of another flat plate. However, mine does not sit flat, it is curved upwars on one side unevenly. Either it has been bent/damaged or just too long as ther other side is bent out neatly with the props uder it and this side has none, if this is the case then it is a design issue and all 645zi's are like this.I assume these frames are to stop internal reflections or to create the borders on the negs ??? Is your 645zi like this.

Sorry, but I can't directly answer this question. The Fuji MF rangefinders are great cameras - a friend has the "folder" and I almost bought one too. Not a lot of people seem to own them - I don't remember alot of people on this board or others saying much about them, which is too bad. You may have to try KEH, they can fix about anything and may be able to answer your question.

All ok

Hello Beavis, this is Beavis, takling to myself, hhmm heh hm.
    I was advised by Fuji tech support that the bend/s and curves are normal, they sit that way because they are supposed to. They are to stop internal reflections and have nothing to do with creating the frame on the neg which is done by the 6x4.5 opening in the steel frame that the film sits over.
    I got my slides and color prints back from the lab, I am very impressed with this camera.

Thread Information