Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question Direct posting help.

Can someone point me to the directions for posting to this forum directly from your hard-drive, if it is possible to do that. I know how to post from a site like flickr or other intermediate sites, but my question is how do I post directly from my hard-drive, if, in fact, that is possible. I have a couple of images I want to post that are already sized to fit on the site, I just don't know how to post them. It is probably something relatively simple, but it is not intuitively obvious to me. Thanks in advance for help.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Re: Direct posting help.

WG-

Just write your text as usual, then click the "Go Advanced" button below the text pane. Click the Upload Photos" button, Browse to each photo you wish to upload individually and when you have them all selected, click the Upload button. When all have finished, you can close that window, then submit your post.
    Ken

My Website: His Creation
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Smile Re: Direct posting help.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbryan0
    WG-

Just write your text as usual, then click the "Go Advanced" button below the text pane. Click the Upload Photos" button, Browse to each photo you wish to upload individually and when you have them all selected, click the Upload button. When all have finished, you can close that window, then submit your post.
    Thanks Ken... sounds simple enough - the only thing I really wasn't sure of was whether or not I could upload directly from my hard-disk. I guess I can.

Just noticed that I have reached the 1000 mark in postings on this forum - I know that is not a lot compared to some, but, for me, it is a milestone. I look forward to many more.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Re: Direct posting help.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternGuy
    Can someone point me to the directions for posting to this forum directly from your hard-drive, if it is possible to do that. I know how to post from a site like flickr or other intermediate sites, but my question is how do I post directly from my hard-drive, if, in fact, that is possible. I have a couple of images I want to post that are already sized to fit on the site, I just don't know how to post them. It is probably something relatively simple, but it is not intuitively obvious to me. Thanks in advance for help.

Cheers,

WesternGuy
    To have the images hosted on your hard drive, 1] you need a static IP address 2] your computer has to be up 7 days, 24 hours per day

My ISP has 100 meg set aside for my web pages. I just use an FTP program and Cmode programs to load the images to the web area. Then I just use an ulr to the root/sub-directory of the web site. Then I don't have to mess setting up my router or with having the chance of being hacked during time I'm not working on the computer.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information