Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Dimmage Z1 blurry pictures

When in focus the camera is amazing. But, it's almost impossible to get sharp pictures when taking pictures of distant objects. I think it's something to do with exposure settings, but I really dont know about photography at the moment. What settings could I use to get sharp pictures?

Or do I need a tripod? If that's the case then I regret buying this camera.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJC
    When in focus the camera is amazing. But, it's almost impossible to get sharp pictures when taking pictures of distant objects. I think it's something to do with exposure settings, but I really dont know about photography at the moment. What settings could I use to get sharp pictures?

Or do I need a tripod? If that's the case then I regret buying this camera.
    WHat do you mean by distant? Exposure settings are unlikely a culprit. BTW, for the maximum sharpness with long shutter speeds, a tripod is a NECESSITY, with ANY camera ever made.

Tell us more, what were you shooting, what time of day, was it sunny or overcast, what were you focusing on, etc.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

It seems impossible to get sharp pictures when using the zoom. I tried today outside just test shots down the street at x10 optical zoom but the images were too blurred. I get sharp pictures when inside using flash but...

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJC
    It seems impossible to get sharp pictures when using the zoom. I tried today outside just test shots down the street at x10 optical zoom but the images were too blurred. I get sharp pictures when inside using flash but...
    Post a couple of samples along with the EXIF data.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information