• 03-18-2004, 12:44 PM
    KennyJC
    Dimmage Z1 blurry pictures
    When in focus the camera is amazing. But, it's almost impossible to get sharp pictures when taking pictures of distant objects. I think it's something to do with exposure settings, but I really dont know about photography at the moment. What settings could I use to get sharp pictures?

Or do I need a tripod? If that's the case then I regret buying this camera.
  • 03-18-2004, 12:50 PM
    Sebastian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyJC
    When in focus the camera is amazing. But, it's almost impossible to get sharp pictures when taking pictures of distant objects. I think it's something to do with exposure settings, but I really dont know about photography at the moment. What settings could I use to get sharp pictures?

Or do I need a tripod? If that's the case then I regret buying this camera.

WHat do you mean by distant? Exposure settings are unlikely a culprit. BTW, for the maximum sharpness with long shutter speeds, a tripod is a NECESSITY, with ANY camera ever made.

Tell us more, what were you shooting, what time of day, was it sunny or overcast, what were you focusing on, etc.
  • 03-18-2004, 03:37 PM
    KennyJC
    It seems impossible to get sharp pictures when using the zoom. I tried today outside just test shots down the street at x10 optical zoom but the images were too blurred. I get sharp pictures when inside using flash but...
  • 03-18-2004, 08:08 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyJC
    It seems impossible to get sharp pictures when using the zoom. I tried today outside just test shots down the street at x10 optical zoom but the images were too blurred. I get sharp pictures when inside using flash but...

Post a couple of samples along with the EXIF data.