Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question A digital problem?

I have recently come across quite an unusual phtographic anomalie and am hoping one of the enlightened members of this board can help.

I was the subject of a photograph taken in a pub in London. The lighting was good ( overhead chandelier type) and the pub was empty due to it being after hours.

The photograph has come out with a strange orange tint and i am actually not in the picture - its like im actually invisible. I was DEFINETLY the subject of the photograph and there is no reason that we can find as to why i have not shown up. Everything else has shown up albeit a little tinted and a out of focus,

Can anyone help explain this anomalie please and keep it as simple as possible as im not totally one hundred percent up on technical jargon yet.

The Camera used was a Nikon Coolpix 7600 - 7 Mega Pixel , not sure what the cmos is.

Many thanks.

Re: A digital problem?

Bryan, was the flash used? Were you moving when the was taken? What was the shutter speed? This information will help to answer your question.

Re: A digital problem?

The orange color cast is probably from incandescent lighting - seems like the farther off you are from daylight, the less auto white balance is. Can you post the shot?

Thread Information