Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Didn't like it at all

So today. As I was about to order an Elan 7 one of my neighbors says they'll let me test it out before I buy to see if I liked it. Well I test it. I am sad to say I could not stand it. This may be subjective ubt something about it just seemed completely wrong. Another friend told me about the Maxxum 7. I really liked it. So my choices are back open again.

Maxxum 7
    Rebel Ti
    Pentax Zx-L
    Pentax Zx-60
    N75

edit: Yes there is still a chance for the Elan 7. It just seemed kind of awkward. I mean it was a little dramatic to say I could not stand it. It was again "just a little awkward". I liked its features and all it just seemed odd. Not sure...

2nd edit: What kind of viewfinder is the N75?
    Last edited by peccato; 03-27-2004 at 01:44 PM.

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peccato
    So today. As I was about to order an Elan 7 one of my neighbors says they'll let me test it out before I buy to see if I liked it. Well I test it. I am sad to say I could not stand it. This may be subjective ubt something about it just seemed completely wrong. Another friend told me about the Maxxum 7. I really liked it. So my choices are back open again.
    The feel of a camera is extremely important. Get something that you don't like and you'll never be happy.

Minolta makes very good cameras and many people like the ergonomics. But be aware that Minolta has no DSLR out there and the "roadmap" was vague. This may mean that you are investing in a dead end product line. Just something to keep in mind.

Although I am a Canon user, I think Pentax has the best ergonomics. But, as you've discovered, that is a matter of personal preference.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Oh my...I'm in love

I got to test out the ZX-L today. Oh my..I'm in love. I've made my decision guys. Thanks!

However, I may still choose the N75. It depends I'll be trying it out later before I make my final decision and buy it.
    Last edited by peccato; 03-27-2004 at 04:26 PM.

Made the Decision!

I finally made my decision. It's the N75. I picked it up today. I love it. Thanks for everyone's help!

Thread Information