Dark spot on Photos

Printable View

• 12-29-2009, 02:00 PM
    MikeB
    Re: Dark spot on Photos
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldClicker
    If the SSS indicator in the viewfinder flashes all the time (not the little bars going up/down, but flashes) - even when SSS is turned off - it means that it is broke. When it dies, the sensor stops at some point in the movememnt and may be off center. This would explain why only the two corners are dark. - TF

Just turn the camera back on and the SSS is flashing all the times.....I never did notice it until now, always thought that my hands shakes too much :)

Any recomendation on fixing it or replace it with something else. TIA.
  • 12-29-2009, 02:14 PM
    OldClicker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB
    Just turn the camera back on and the SSS is flashing all the times.....I never did notice it until now, always thought that my hands shakes too much :)

Any recomendation on fixing it or replace it with something else. TIA.

My A700 (2nd body) is at TeleplanCameraRepair right now for the same reason - only my viewfinder was waaay off. It's going to cost about $200. I'll report back when I receive it.

If you can live without Live View, I think the A700, at about $800, is a steal. If I was looking as <$500, it would be another A300/350.

TF
  • 01-03-2010, 09:08 PM
    daq7
    Nope I get that on my canon sensor all the time. I think personally it is a flaw in the sensor, since I sent it in and spent a ton of money having them clean it. Never again. I will clean it myself or shoot it through the fracking lens. I still get that on sky shots all the time. I have to clone it out if I care. Really annoys me. It is one of the reasons I am moving away from the rebel body I have. I can't afford a new body, so I guess I will just have to figure out how to live with it.
  • 06-15-2013, 01:38 PM
    Maira
    Hi
    I am new to this forum and photography using DSLR. I am using canon 1100D, 18-55mm lens with f5.6. I am having a similar problem of black spots in my images. The black spots appear when the shutter speed is low less than 1/30. is this the same problem that there is some dust on my sensor. please guide me how can this issue be resolved
  • 06-15-2013, 02:00 PM
    Greg McCary
    There are all kinds of videos on YouTube on how to clean a sensor. In reality you will be cleaning the filter in front of the sensor as there generally a filter on top of the sensor.
    If you are having dust spot issues they should show up across the shutter range. Posting a picture or two should help us figure out what you got going on. The knowledge base here is pretty deep. You came to the right place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maira View Post
    Hi
    I am new to this forum and photography using DSLR. I am using canon 1100D, 18-55mm lens with f5.6. I am having a similar problem of black spots in my images. The black spots appear when the shutter speed is low less than 1/30. is this the same problem that there is some dust on my sensor. please guide me how can this issue be resolved

• 06-16-2013, 11:15 AM
    Grandpaw
    I would like to add that dust spots can show up on some pictures and not on others. The smaller the f stop opening you use the more they will show up and if you use larger openings like F2.8 or even 5.6 you may not even see them. A good and easy way to check to see if you really have some is to set your f stop at a setting such as F 22 and point your camera toward a nice blue sky and and take a picture, then look at that image on your computer screen. If you do have spots be sure and try a dry cleaning of just blowing them off with a rocket blower or something similar first BEFORE you try a wet cleaning.