Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

pixels and date stamp

hello everybody My first post and its a problem I take digital pics (part of my work) and currently have a canon powershot1100is I have to have the date stamp with 640 by 480 pixels Will this camera do that? If not what is a fairly reasonably priced camera that will?

Thanks

Re: pixels and date stamp

Hi and welcome to the site. I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you and it would really take someone who has that particular camera who knows it well to answer. There are (as you probably know) almost countless models of digital cameras out there and it's almost impossible to know much about all of them.

While that's a very small file size, both of the things you're looking for are pretty common. If it won't do a size that small, you could use an image processing software to convert to the size you need and possibly by "batch" processing to save some time (try irfanview.com which is free). Try playing with the settings to see if you find the time/date - I do this periodically with my cameras to try to remind myself what I've forgotten...

Otherwise, check Canon's site for the manual if you don't have a printed copy of it.

Thread Information