Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Canon Powershot G2

I've using my Canon Powershot G2 with a 128MB Compact Flash card for two years and haven't had this problem before. Last night I took about 10 shots and saw them immediately afterward, however, when I got home and put them on the computer using my Sandisk reader, they were gone. In addition, I couldn't view them on my camera. There was a file, CanonMSC and in that file was a CTG file with the correct date. The CTG file went to Photoshop but Photoshop couldn't open it. Is my card corrupted or camera at fault? Any advise that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Tenny

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tenny
    I've using my Canon Powershot G2 with a 128MB Compact Flash card for two years and haven't had this problem before. Last night I took about 10 shots and saw them immediately afterward, however, when I got home and put them on the computer using my Sandisk reader, they were gone. In addition, I couldn't view them on my camera. There was a file, CanonMSC and in that file was a CTG file with the correct date. The CTG file went to Photoshop but Photoshop couldn't open it. Is my card corrupted or camera at fault? Any advise that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Tenny
    i experienced the same problem with my canon powershot SD100 ! i dont know what is wrong.......

Thread Information