Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Can anybody give me some advice for Photography?

Hey everybody!! Im new here in this site and im a beginner in photography. I want some advice about how to take pictures and everything to make a picture look good. If you can please tell me , i need some help with that.
    And please check out my pictures and tell me what you think

GB1

Re: Can anybody give me some advice for Photography?

Angie - You're starting from scratch, where everyone has to start. But your request is too vague - you have to specify what you want help with, not just say "make a picture look good." If you want a structured approach I would recommend a close on beginning photography. If you prefer the approach of learning as you do, try taking shots and posting them on the Photo Critique forum, and folks will provide feedback.

G

Ps - Your cat shots in your gallery look OK.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Can anybody give me some advice for Photography?

Angie whether an image is good or not, often depends on how the photographer sees it. Go to a library and look through some photography books. Make note of what you like or don't and maybe try to figure out why you liked it (or not). Take a look at some of the books by Freeman Patterson. He has written a few books on the how and why and not just the technical aspects of photography. Bryan Peterson has written an interesting book on Learning to see creatively. Most of all - practice-practice-practice and then practice some more. You will eventually get a feeling for what makes a good image for you. HTH.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thread Information