Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Blue Spot?

Blue Spot?

So the other day I was checking to see how much and where the dust was on my sensor to if it needed a clean. In the process I noticed a funny blue spot (a couple actually) but one that stood out the most. It appears in the same spot on every shot. about 1/4 in from the right side and right in the middle top to bottom.
    Is this something that I should worry about, something to get checked out or fixed before my warranty is up? or is it some thing "normal" that I should just forget about it and continue taking pictures because its not really a "problem".
    Thanks in advance for any input or advice.
    Phil

100% crop of area around it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Blue Spot?

Hot pixel. Quite common, espically with long exposures.

Here is a long exposure full of 'em.

Original...

Crop...
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

yeah, I had a similar problem a while back with my 300d. I actually found it the other day when I was perusing through my threads. from a whiiiile back.

what is this little thing?

Thanks for the info guys, Thats what I had figured and wasn't planning on doing anything for it but photoshopping it out if it shows up or bugs me. I don't really notice them when shooting regular photos as they blend in or disappear, but was just asking out of curiosity.
    Saw an article on them too its Here if any one else was wondering about them.
    Phil

Thread Information