Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

best website software

im lookg at getting some new web page creating software but cant afford dreamweaver!! can anyone recomend a good and easy to use alternative, i wantsomthing i can add html links from my flickr page into my website

thanks in advance

andy

Re: best website software

The free HTML Kit is nice, and you can use MS Word or Publisher to save HTML code also but don't expect to edit it with anything else.

You can just use a text editor to write the HTML code also like 1) note pad, 2) context with the HTML code template.

Personally I like the free version of HTML Kit.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Quote Originally Posted by andywatson00
    im lookg at getting some new web page creating software but cant afford dreamweaver!! can anyone recomend a good and easy to use alternative, i wantsomthing i can add html links from my flickr page into my website

thanks in advance

andy
    Not sure from your question what you are really looking for. GIMP is free and useful. What about using WordPress as CSM? No need to blog, you can have static pages from go to wo.
    The happy camper

Andy, if you already have a website, check what your hosting company offers for free, you'll probably be surprised at all the options. I use VodaHost and they have 5 different options for photo galleries, several with e-commerce shopping carts integrated, and a few that can automatically import from Flickr. Check the link in my signature, it's running on Gallery2 software that is totally customizable with virtually all the coding work done for you already, and it does allow for perma-links to outside sources (like Flickr). If your site runs on the CPanel backend manager, look under the "Fantastico" icon (it's an automatic installer that configures everything correctly for you) and you should have all kinds of options. Also Vodahost offers a "not too crappy" WYSIWYG html editor/generator application for free that's at least as powerful as Microsoft's Frontpage. (Dunno about DreamWeaver as I've never tried it.

Thread Information