Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Battery Pack?

Battery Pack?

Hey
    I'm really new to cameras and all and I wanted to take Myspace photos but my digital camera says change camera battery pack everytime I turn it on. I don't know what to do, I been trying different AA batteries (4 of them) but, it doesn't work! Do I need all the same batteries? Like 4 Panasonic batteries instead of like 3 Panasonic and 1 Ikea battery? So, basically I need help because it keeps saying I need to change the battery pack when the batteries are new or fully charged!
    Thanks!
    -pal4lto
    PS-The camera I'm using is a Canon Powershot A80 if that helps at all :P!

Re: Battery Pack?

Very strange. The batteries should all match, and alkaline should work very well (Duracell, Energizer, etc). Take the batteries out, let it sit overnight and then put in a new set of alkalines. I don't know if that will fix it, but it's the first thing I'd try. If you still have problems you might try Canon's customer service.

I asked other people and they said use like Engerizer Lithium batteries and like alkaline batteries won't work on digital cameras. I don't like should I go to a camera store and ask them?
    Thanks !

My wife has that camera and it's worked with alkaline and also nickel metal-hydride rechargeable batteries. It should also work just fine with lithium batteries but they're expensive. The ones that are commonly available are Energizer E2 and they're silver and blue. Probably about $10/set of 4 at your friendly local mega store.

I use these batteries occasionally in my DSLR because lithium batteries handle cold temperatures very well. Other than that it's rechargeables partly due to the cost, but also to create less stuff to throw away.

Thread Information