Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

battery adapter for Olympus OM1

Has anyone had experience with a battery adapter that converts an SR44 or S76 battery voltage to 1.35 volts as was provided by the PX625 mercury battery which is no longer available? As far as I'm aware there are two suppliers: C.R.I.S in US and a guy in the Netherlands.
    Any feedback on either greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Cameron665

Mamiya RZ67, Zeiss Ikon Nettar, Voigtlander Bessa 66
    Olympus OM1 x2, OM4 x2, OM10
    Voigtlander Vito B, Kiev 4am, Zero Image pinhole
    Pentax K20D

Re: battery adapter for Olympus OM1

Quote Originally Posted by cameron665
    Has anyone had experience with a battery adapter that converts an SR44 or S76 battery voltage to 1.35 volts as was provided by the PX625 mercury battery which is no longer available? As far as I'm aware there are two suppliers: C.R.I.S in US and a guy in the Netherlands.
    Any feedback on either greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    There are batteries that are replacements for the 1.35 volt mercury battery, which provide 1.35 volts. Check B&H Photo or ???
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Wein makes a Zinc Air battery that's a direct replacement but they're fairly expensive and don't last long. I have an adapter like that but can't remember who I got it from - someone here in the US. I haven't used that camera (Canon QL17) much but it seems to work, although the light meter doesn't seem to read as accurately as with the Wein batteries.

Hello -- I have had excellent results with a 675 hearing air batteries. Yes, it is too small for the battery compartment, so I insert the battery in a #9 o-ring from a local hardware store and the fit is perfect. The batteries cost about $7.00 US for eight and the o-rings about $1.00 US for several. The 675s I tested ran from 1.3V to 1.32V They are zinc air and each has lasted 6 months so far. I use this setup in both my OM-1 and my Nikomat FTN.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorII
    Hello -- I have had excellent results with a 675 hearing air batteries. Yes, it is too small for the battery compartment, so I insert the battery in a #9 o-ring from a local hardware store and the fit is perfect. The batteries cost about $7.00 US for eight and the o-rings about $1.00 US for several. The 675s I tested ran from 1.3V to 1.32V They are zinc air and each has lasted 6 months so far. I use this setup in both my OM-1 and my Nikomat FTN.
    This is what I use in my Canon QL-17 and it works fine. The light meter seems to be very accurate. I got mine at Walgreens.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information