Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Albums/Portfolios

I've been thinking lately of putting together an album of my favorite/best shots. Since most of my shots are digital, I was thinking it would be nice to have a printed collection to show off to those who don't have or want to go online to look at my stuff.

I'm sort of reeling from the options though... print my own and put them in a regular album, maybe buy something nicer... professionally get some pictures printed... or even get a bound photo book...

Anyone put together something like this before? I guess I'm just fishing for suggestions

Starting to think outside of the box icicle's Avatar

Re: Albums/Portfolios

Sorry I can not help on this one
    So far my pictures are not worthy of being showed off.

I've done a photobook before, and while it takes a bit of work to put together, the results are well worth the effort. Most of the big players have either java based online book making software with layout templates or downloadable software you can use offline and then upload when you're done. For +/- $30 it makes an impressive presentation. I've used Adorama (arrived in about 5 days) but more recently a pro was showing me some books she had done from blurb.com that were fantastic, so I'll probably use them next time.

The one I use is Blurb (www.blurb.com), which produces photobooks of excellent quality. I've done four of them myself. You can see at: http://www.blurb.com/user/store/Didache

If you click on any of the four books, you can see a preview of the first 15 pages to see what it looks like. The templates though are pretty comprehensive and you can have just about any page formats you like.

I know this sounds like an advert for them, but I really can't recommend them highly enough. It can get addictive though! On the other hand, they make nice Xmas presents.

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Thread Information