Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Agepan FF Dokumentenfilm

Can anyone suggest how I should develope this film. Developer? Time? It really is Agepan, not Agfapan, and should have been developed before OCT 1979. I acquired this 120 roll when I bought a Hasselblad 500c camera from an old photographer. He also gave me two rolls of Tri-X (TX) which had both 'process before' dates as JUN 1978, I exposed both rolls with EI: 50, 100 & 160 (each subject got three exposures) and developed them in ID-11 1+1 for 8 minutes. They came out suprisingly well considering the age of the films and the fact that they had been stored in room temperature. The EI 50 was the best exposure. I would like to have as much fun with this Agepan film, and would appreciate any advice and suggestions you can give to me.

Re: Agepan FF Dokumentenfilm

Welcome! The Massive Dev Chart is the biggest chart I know of, and unfortunately it doesn't show up there. We do have a few good b&w people around here, but I'm not very experienced myself. If I couldn't come up with anything else, I'd probably develop it with ID-11 (same as Kodak D-76 I understand) as Tri-X and see what happens. Any idea what the speed of the film is? I might alter the time based on that speed. But I wouldn't expect much if anything in the way of results, especially with only one roll to try.

I'm surprised that you got decent results with 25 year old film, but b&w is probably the only film that would give you any kind of results. I saw this place recently, it kind of reminds me of what you're talking about, but for color: Film Rescue

It's probably interesting to see what results and effects you'll get with the old film, but here in the 'States a 120 roll of Tri-X is less than $3, quite inexpensive and more consistent results. If you get a chance, I'd be curious to see what your results are if you can post something.

Thank You for you reply. I have developed the old Tri-X films, but not yet printed anything. Next time I'll get into the darkroom will be in February so perhaps I am abel to show some results here... I merely shot and developed the old rolls just for fun, to see what happens with 25 year old film. For serious portrait work I shoot with Acros or FP4. The old Agepan film's speed is, when new, around 12 ISO that is all the information I got on it, so that is why my post here...
    Quote Originally Posted by another view
    Welcome! The Massive Dev Chart is the biggest chart I know of, and unfortunately it doesn't show up there. We do have a few good b&w people around here, but I'm not very experienced myself. If I couldn't come up with anything else, I'd probably develop it with ID-11 (same as Kodak D-76 I understand) as Tri-X and see what happens. Any idea what the speed of the film is? I might alter the time based on that speed. But I wouldn't expect much if anything in the way of results, especially with only one roll to try.

I'm surprised that you got decent results with 25 year old film, but b&w is probably the only film that would give you any kind of results. I saw this place recently, it kind of reminds me of what you're talking about, but for color: Film Rescue

It's probably interesting to see what results and effects you'll get with the old film, but here in the 'States a 120 roll of Tri-X is less than $3, quite inexpensive and more consistent results. If you get a chance, I'd be curious to see what your results are if you can post something.

Mamiya Man

Quote Originally Posted by harmanvalo
    Thank You for you reply. I have developed the old Tri-X films, but not yet printed anything. Next time I'll get into the darkroom will be in February so perhaps I am abel to show some results here... I merely shot and developed the old rolls just for fun, to see what happens with 25 year old film. For serious portrait work I shoot with Acros or FP4. The old Agepan film's speed is, when new, around 12 ISO that is all the information I got on it, so that is why my post here...
    I do a little b & w developing and no expert by any means, but Rodinol has been around forever and there is a developer the some how works like magic. Its call diafine, acufine makes it. You can take film from any speed and develop them all together and it will develop it and there is no need for time change. I have not had the pleasure to try this yet. Also I would also think that agfa would have somekind of info that they can share with you.

Thanks,

Mike.

Thread Information