Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 5mp - 8x10 photo?

Quote Originally Posted by greghalliday
    I like this point because neither did I. It is funny because I have just been debating with myself the best way to get a 13x19 image out of my 20D and still have it look decent.
    I've just printed 2 different panoramas 13 inch by up to 8 foot and getting up close and eyeballing them they do pass muster. It would of been nice to have more MP but you use what you have. Besides, large photographs are not ussually eyeball inspected. Old saying garge in garge out.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Not-so-recent Nikon Convert livin4lax09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoco
    If you read all the magazines, lab reports, books, Adobe materials etc., they will all tell you that film is still better than digital in terms of overall quality, sharpness, dynamic colour range, forgiveness of as large as 3 fstops in exposure, low light capability, etc. etc.
    i agree. But digital does have convenience. And instant results. Which is a great thing. But the quality of film is still better than digital. maybe not your kodak 400 film you buy in wal-mart, but the higher quality 35mm rolls are quite amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4lax09
    i agree. But digital does have convenience. And instant results. Which is a great thing. But the quality of film is still better than digital. maybe not your kodak 400 film you buy in wal-mart, but the higher quality 35mm rolls are quite amazing.
    I totally agree. My mother and I use to joke about going out with an axe to crop various distracting vegitation from scenics and landscapes even including telephone poles and electrical wires.

Now, I think it is great that this kind of cropping and more can be done in Photoshop.

Ronnoco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information