Film Cameras and Photography Forum

Film Photography Forum Discuss film photography techniques, including darkroom, film types, film cameras, filters, etc. - forum moderator is Xia-Ke.
Read and Write Film Reviews >>
Read and Write 35mm SLR Reviews >>
Read and Write Rangefinder Camera Reviews >>
Read and Write Medium Format Camera Reviews >>

Shutter problems!

I have an Olympus OMF, and today while taking a photo, I pressed the shutter button, and the shutter closed, like normal. But now the shutter won't reopen. Is there anyway I can fix it on my own, and if not, how much do you think it would be to fix it?
    Thanks!

Re: Shutter problems!

Quote Originally Posted by thatcostme5cents
    I have an Olympus OMF, and today while taking a photo, I pressed the shutter button, and the shutter closed, like normal. But now the shutter won't reopen. Is there anyway I can fix it on my own, and if not, how much do you think it would be to fix it?
    Thanks!
    If it is a leaf shutter sometimes a qtip and lighter fluid works. Just a very small amount and it may take several times. I have freed up two shutters on Canonets this way. One I still own and the shutter is still free.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Shutter problems!

I do not know what state you are in but there are still camera repair men around. The only problem you might have is the availability of parts. KEH does offer repair and so do several other places. The only way to actually find out what a repair might cost is to send it in for an estimate.

Jason

Thread Information