Film Cameras and Photography Forum

Film Photography Forum Discuss film photography techniques, including darkroom, film types, film cameras, filters, etc. - forum moderator is Xia-Ke.
Read and Write Film Reviews >>
Read and Write 35mm SLR Reviews >>
Read and Write Rangefinder Camera Reviews >>
Read and Write Medium Format Camera Reviews >>

Kodak Stocks, ouch!

Say it ain't so. I need to buy up some TriX!!
    EK - Bing
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Kodak Stocks, ouch!

When historic companies either bankrupt or become absorbed by megacorps a part of us dies with them.I wonder if they, ( or anyone else ), considered creating a digital cartridge that could mount in the film area of 35 mm SLRs. I'd love to see a cartridge like that. A light activated cartridge like that could be turned on by the light of a single shutter release.It could shut off after a preset period of non use. I'd gladly pay at least $200.00 for a digital cartridge that would allow me to use some of my old film cameras.

Kodak needs to reinvent itself with young execs and some cool advertising. I think Kodak makes the sensor for the Leica M9 so they certainly have the technology.
    They need to get some logs out of the fire and focus on what works and cut what doesn't. I wonder where Leica will turn if Kodak goes under.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

GB1

Kodak's been trying to turn things around for about 10 years now, and seriously for about 3 or 4 years. It's just so hard for a company based on film and the old photographic processes to do that. They tried making digital cameras and even printers, but it doesn't appear to have worked: there's just too many competitors with stronger products.

They do have a patent portfolio and are looking into the sale of that to generate revenue, but even if that is successful, one has to ask, "What then?"
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

too bad when old compagnies do not survive

Thread Information