Film Cameras and Photography Forum

Film Photography Forum Discuss film photography techniques, including darkroom, film types, film cameras, filters, etc. - forum moderator is Xia-Ke.
Read and Write Film Reviews >>
Read and Write 35mm SLR Reviews >>
Read and Write Rangefinder Camera Reviews >>
Read and Write Medium Format Camera Reviews >>

Thread: Enlarger

Enlarger

I work for the local school system and years ago each school had a darkroom. At one of the schools I asked them if could I have some of the old equipment. They said yes as long as I got it all. They wanted it out of the way. Well I got five enlargers a darkroom light, timers and a ton of expired D76. The D76 is surely to old. But three of the enlargers had lenses. I think in a few weeks I am really going to give printing a go. All I really need are the chemicals. I still have one more darkroom to look through soon, I hope. Here is the best of the booty. A Beseler 23C II. I also have two other smaller Beselers....

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Enlarger

I purchased my film processing chemicals at Freestyle Photographic Supplies - Traditional Black & White Film, Paper, Chemicals, Holgas and ULF. I have found all that I need there. Prices seem right, shipping is reasonable and pretty fast.

Enjoy, I am planning my darkroom too.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PWhite214 View Post
    I purchased my film processing chemicals at Freestyle Photographic Supplies - Traditional Black & White Film, Paper, Chemicals, Holgas and ULF. I have found all that I need there. Prices seem right, shipping is reasonable and pretty fast.

Enjoy, I am planning my darkroom too.

Phil
    Thanks Phil I may actually have enough fresh chemicals to get started. I have a really good book and am doing my homework. I probably need some paper but just for fun I may use what I have and see if I get any results.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Wow that gadget is really useful to a photographer.Great of you to share this one to us others will know what this is. God Bless!

What a lucky find. We were using enlargers in my high school class and it was pretty fulfilling to make your own prints and get them exactly how you wanted them.

Is that what create film graphics ????
    Deuns

It brings back memories of the 1970s when I had one of these. I was a terrible film processor, but I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Schaeffer View Post
    It brings back memories of the 1970s when I had one of these. I was a terrible film processor, but I tried.
    Thanks Don I actually started taking down the darkroom. It seems these latest digital cameras I have have stolen the fun out of film. I had an endless struggle to keep the environment dust free anyway. If I do shoot film I will scan the negatives.

Sony a99/a7R

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    Thanks Don I actually started taking down the darkroom. It seems these latest digital cameras I have have stolen the fun out of film. I had an endless struggle to keep the environment dust free anyway. If I do shoot film I will scan the negatives.
    And yet my friend and I recently put up a darkroom of our own. and we run three enlargers, a Durst, a Besler 23C II with a Dichromo head, and a Besler Printmaker 35.

Now I just have a find an enlarger that handles 4x5 negs.
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    And yet my friend and I recently put up a darkroom of our own. and we run three enlargers, a Durst, a Besler 23C II with a Dichromo head, and a Besler Printmaker 35.

Now I just have a find an enlarger that handles 4x5 negs.
    Good luck finding an enlarger. I have seen some on Craigslist, although not 4x5, at come and get it out of my way pricing.

Sony a99/a7R

Wow that's really fantastic, thanks for sharing, Love to see this. You have a very nice and informative article/Thread, this will real gonna help out many real photographers. well i'm a beginner in this field, don't know its usage as much but guess it really gonna helpful.

so lucky to see the classic equipment here! awesome!!!
    I do editing, both editing video & photos.

Thread Information