Film Cameras and Photography Forum

Film Photography Forum Discuss film photography techniques, including darkroom, film types, film cameras, filters, etc. - forum moderator is Xia-Ke.
Read and Write Film Reviews >>
Read and Write 35mm SLR Reviews >>
Read and Write Rangefinder Camera Reviews >>
Read and Write Medium Format Camera Reviews >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

E6 film and Wal-mart/Wallgreens

I just got back all the slide film from my vacation today, and I realized that I'm missing a roll. :mad2: The good news is that I found it, still in my camera backpack, but now I need to get it developed. I have been sending my slide film to a lab in Colorado, and it's pretty reasonable, but I don't want to deal with shipping a single roll of film.

I know I can take E6 to Wal-mart, and they will send it out for development, but I don't know where they will send it to, or how good the lab is. I don't know if Walgreens will even take E6 but I can check.

My biggest concern is the quality of the lab. Can a Big Box store photo lab be trusted with a roll of film like this, or should I just bite the bullet and send it to the lab in Colorado?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: E6 film and Wal-mart/Wallgreens

Walgreens always done me a jam up job on my slides. Cheap too. If I remember it was under 7 bucks for 36 exposures.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks Greg. I'll check them out after work.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    sending my slide film to a lab in Colorado
    Photocraft? Great work there - at least a few years ago - and good prices. But I agree, one roll would be very expensive including shipping costs.

Walmart & Walgreens don't develop E6 - they send it out, and chances are it's to the same place. A local camera shop used to send out for Kodak processing, but I'm not sure where it was actually done or the name of the lab - could be the same place I suppose. Results were always good, never any problems.

Yup, Photocraft it is. I use to have a local shop I could take it to, and they would send it to a lab in Applton WI, and I would get it back in a couple of days. Sadly, they stopped handling the E-6, and the local shop doesn't deal with any developing anymore, thanks to a new Wallgreens and Super Wal-mart. He is they guy that told me about Photocraft.

I know if I take it to Wal-mart or Wallgreens they will send it out, but I don't know where, and that's the part that bothers me. I think I will call them and ask before I drop off the film.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Thread Information