Film Cameras and Photography Forum

Film Photography Forum Discuss film photography techniques, including darkroom, film types, film cameras, filters, etc. - forum moderator is Xia-Ke.
Read and Write Film Reviews >>
Read and Write 35mm SLR Reviews >>
Read and Write Rangefinder Camera Reviews >>
Read and Write Medium Format Camera Reviews >>

Question 180 degree film clips?

Hey again guys,

I'm a novice with a new camera, so any help you can offer is much appreciated at this point. Basically, I am trying to shoot 180 degree film clips (approx 1 minute long). Now, I have a tripod and I am reasonably steady, but I need to produce smooth 180 clips without jerking or fluctuation in speed. My shoots are typically landscape movies, showing areas of our city (usually mountain, lake scenes)

I figure I need some kind of motorised tripod, as my static one is no use and my free hand films are steady"ish" but I struggle to keep the height & speed steady.

Any advice very welcome, although I don't have a ton of money to throw at this project right now. Would $200 buy anything respectable, keeping in mind, I simply need a smooth 180 rotation, nothing else.

All the best,
    Cal
    Visiting, Researching or Relocating to the Okanagan Valley in BC, Canada?
    www.okanaganforum.com

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Re: 180 degree film clips?

I'm having a little bit of a problem understanding your request. Are you looking for something that will rotate your camera while it takes photos?
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: 180 degree film clips?

Sounds like you are trying to do something like what Brent is trying to do. You should check out this thread.

who knows something about machinery or telescopes?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information