Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

What Video Editing Software?

Hi guys, I'm and absolute beginner in video editing. I have widows 8 and xp platforms. I am looking to edit my daughter's soccer games for on line sportworx and gotsoccer. I am looking for something user friendly that also does audio. I was given an advice from a friend of mine to purchase the Adobe Premiere Elements but it's a little expensive to me. Could you advice some other software with similar functionalities but on lower price. I have read a review for Pinnacle Studio 16 which seems good enough but on a quite lower price (about $60). What would you advice?

Re: What Video Editing Software?

Welcome to PhotographyREVIEW.com I know you're new and can't start your own thread so I went ahead and moved your post to our Digital Video forum so it can get the attention it deserves.

I make a fair number of videos and I do it all with Adobe Premiere Elements 8 on a custom-built Windows 7 machine. I haven't used the Pinnacle software so I can't say anything about it. What I can say is that the biggest issue with video software, in my experience, is stability and reliability. So comparing software features may not be the best way to make a good decision. You don't want to spend less only to discover that the software you chose crashes all the time. I'm not saying that will happen with Pinnacle Studio. But that's what you should be researching - not features. And based on my own experience, it's better to spend more and save yourself a million headaches. Video problems are a nightmare.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

dear photo-john, thanks for the response. I know it's really better to spend more and to save some headaches but my budget is really limited. I would be glad if any one may advice me something about Sony Vegas because I read some good comments and reviews on it, and is on a good price (about $60-$69). And if you have used the Cyberlink PowerDirector, I would appreciate a feedback because the review seems good but I'm not sure I can believe on such a review. And what's more, it's on one of the lowest prices I could found (about $49) which suits me good. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by apvte3 View Post
    dear photo-john, thanks for the response. I know it's really better to spend more and to save some headaches but my budget is really limited. I would be glad if any one may advice me something about Sony Vegas because I read some good comments and reviews on it, and is on a good price (about $60-$69).
    I haven't used Sony's Vegas but I've thought about it as well. You know all of these companies have trial periods so you can try them out, right? Maybe you shout try doing the same edit with two or three different editing packages and see which one works best for you.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

thanks for the advice.

meanwhile I've downloaded the Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 trial which is quite expensive for me ($124) but I think to test to have a benchmark. I will write how it's going on..

Hey, I got a nice video editing software for you. ArcSoft ShowBiz, it's user friendly, easy-to-use and effective to output excellent videos. You can make your won video from pictures, musics and videos, reorganize them together into a new one. It's about $79.99, totally worth it!
    I do editing, both editing video & photos.

Thread Information